Adult Gynecomastia or Man Boobs
Adult gynecomastia affects up to 60 percent of middle-aged and elderly men. It is made up of an excess of both fatty and glandular components. Often the gland can be felt as a thickened and firm area just under the nipple areola complex.
Most cases of gynecomastia in adult men are caused by:
- Drug Inducement… 15-30%
- Prior Adolescent Gynecomastia… 30%
- Hormonal Abnormalities… 5%
- Undetermined Causes… 40%
Gynecomastia and Aging
Advancing age is accompanied by gradual and persistent loss of muscle mass. As the pectoral chest muscles wither and atrophy, the supporting breast ligaments anchoring the skin become flaccid and frail. This allows the breast tissues to hang loosely from the chest wall
Whatever the cause, gynecomastia treatment is a life changing procedure physically, psychologically and emotionally among those men who suffer from the condition.
Gynecomastia and Vaser Ultrasound
Using advanced VASER ultrasonic techniques, Dr. Nestor can typically flatten the glandular protrusion as well as extract the surrounding fat without surgical excision. The technique is virtually scarless and is highly effective in shrinking the surrounding breast skin envelope.
Male Breast Reduction by Vaser Lipo sculpting
Dr. Nestor uses the state-of-the-art VASER ultrasonic energy technique to achieve a “melting” of the breast fat with an enhanced shrinkage of the excess skin. The VASER system offers a significant advantage in its enhanced ability to shrink the protruding and lax breast tissue.
A specially designed VASER cannula utilizes ultrasonic energy to pierce and flatten the breast glandular tissue and withdraw the offending fat. Nerves, blood vessels and other significant tissues are left relatively functional and intact. Surgical excision and unsightly scars can be avoided.
Benefits of Male Breast Reduction Procedure:
- A more masculine chest and profile
- A more slender chest area
- More masculine proportions
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improved posture
- Improved physical comfort
- A more youthful-looking physique
Am I a Good Candidate for gynecomastia treatment
Gynecomastia can develop for a wide variety of reasons. Obesity is another common cause. But we also see gynecomastia develop commonly in athletes who retire or who suddenly curb their exercise output. We have found that good candidates for the treatment of gynecomastia generally have some of the following characteristics:
- Excess tissue around the chest (typically described as a “man boob”)
- Embarrassment caused by excess fat around the chest
- Your body weight is in a fairly normal range
- Your breast tissue causes physical discomfort
- Diet and exercise are unable to address your male breast tissue
- You do not suffer from too much excess skin (or you have good skin elasticity)
- Your gynecomastia has presented for at least twelve months without relief
- You have realistic expectations about what this procedure can accomplish
Male breast reduction patients are typically seeking relief from the downsides of gynecomastia—so if you’re looking to hit the beach and be able to remove your shirt without fear of embarrassment or discomfort, contact our office to set up a confidential consultation.